Thursday, February 21, 2008

question

Someone asked me today if my kid's really eat all of the food I put in their bento's. Yes they do. The bento boxes themselves are small and I only put in what I know my kid's will eat. Emma loves veggies and healthy snacks so that's great. Sometime's they ask for seconds.


I think that most people who make bento's send their kids to school or preschool. I homeschool so my kid's bento's never leave the kitchen (unless it's a field trip or picnic). They still like the presentation and it's always a surprise.


They aren't allowed to know what's in their lunch or peek while I make it. They wait patiently for me to take a picture of it and then it's closed up and given to them to be opened like a Christmas present. They are always so excited.....kid's are great.

1 comments:

Mrs M. said...

Sorry I know this post is a year old but I just wanted to tell you that I am so happy to have read this post. I am trying to feed my children healthier and in an effort to make it more fun I want to make them bento style lunches. I thought it would be silly though because they are homeschooled. This post makes me feel less silly :)