Monday, March 24, 2008

Dr. Suess breakfast at IHOP

I almost forgot to blog about this! We celebrated Easter on Saturday (due to hubby having to work on Sunday), so we decided to take the kid's to IHOP for their Dr. Suess breakfasts and then to the movies to see Horton Hears a Who (fantastic movie).


Here are the Who-Cakes. Short cake pancakes in all sizes with boysenberrry and blueberry glaze on top with rainbow choclate chips and a pink lollipop. Both my son and oldest daughter loved them. Really really sweet though.
Here is what my son ordered. It's the green eggs and ham with a side of Who-Cakes. The "green" eggs were actually eggs with creamed spinach. I ordered the same thing and although the taste was different, I still liked them overall. But I wouldn't order them that way again.
And we can't forget the Beezelnut Splash! Basically it's Sprite with Jello cubes in it. None of my 3 kids liked it. I don't drink soda so I can't tell you what it tastes like but my hubby said that it definitely didn't taste like Sprite.

Overall it was a fun visit and I would recommend trying it. Especially if it's right before you see the movie. On a side note: hubby was terribly embarressed that I purposely took my camera with me so I could take pictures of the food. I suggested he get used to it. lol


You can also visit IHOP's website and print out some activity sheets. I did this after we saw the movie and my son really liked them. Dr. Suess Activity Sheets

0 comments: