Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I made these for dessert for Easter. Now the carrot cake is just a mix from a box (I was short on time). But the frosting is homemade cream cheese frosting and it was fantastic!

My SIL declined a cupcake when I offered her one. She told me that she didn't care much for carrot cake. I told her that she had to try it because it just might change her mind. It sure did! lol But it wasn't so much the cupcake as it was the frosting. Next time I want a lime cupcake with the frosting so it will taste like lime cheesecake....mmmmm

Here is the recipe:

Cream Cheese Frosting
12 ounces or 1-1/2 packages of Philly cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
4-5 cups sifted powdered sugar

1. Bring butter to room temperature by letting it sit out for 1 or 2 hours.
2. Sift powdered sugar into a bowl or onto parchment.
3. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy.
4. Add 4 cups of the powdered sugar and beat until combined.
5. Add more sugar until you get to the consistency and sweetness you like


I got the recipe from my cupcake hero, Cupcake Bakeshop

0 comments: